Friday, May 13, 2016

Auto Issues



There are certain tasks I am just outright not qualified for.  Many of them are in the realm of auto repair.  Admittedly, if I was forced at gunpoint (and had YouTube available) I could probably change the oil on my 2010 Subaru Outback.  Yes, I drive an outback…which my “out” friend said that either I’m a staunch environmentalist or a lesbian.  I like to think that I’m a little bit of both…but I digress. 

On Monday, I noticed on my lunchbreak that the low-pressure tire indicator was on the dashboard.  OK.  I did a quick survey of my vehicle and all tires looked inflated/semi-inflated so I drove it from the office to a local mechanic shop I use because it’s convenient to have that kind of stuff done during the work day.  Upon pulling up, the mechanic and I noticed a hex-bolt sticking out of the tread of the tire…the obvious culprit.  We come up with a plan: they would quickly swap the tire for my doughnut and I’d be able to drive away until they repaired the tire…or recommend that I replace it.  At 3:30pm, the call came in that it would be done by 4 and when I got there, it only took another 15 minutes to get it completed.  While waiting, I let them know that I’d be back on Thursday to get my clutch replaced.  It seems that I’ve been driving the last two weeks in a manual transmission car with severely slipping gears, and it was time to get that rectified.  They said no problem, but it’s usually a 2 day thing because they have to send it out to be machined and that takes time…yadda yadda yadda.

None of this fazed me.  I got back to the office the next day, set up a rental car to meet me at the shop on Thursday with the understanding that I’d need the car for at least two days.  And then I got the phone call from the shop indicating that there was one mechanic who is in charge of this type of operation…and he was out.  When is the dead-end time that you need the car, Mr. August?  I said by 3:30, Friday…as I had originally planned.  They said no problem.

And, sure enough, at 2:15pm today, I got the phone call that it was all done.  But, now I’m on my way back to the rental place who will then drive me and my two car-seats back to the shop, where I will have to fork over a pound of flesh in order to get the keys back of my now-repaired vehicle.  Is this the right time to say that I’d really like a new Mini Cooper Clubman?  Looks like I’ll be driving this one for the foreseeable future.  At least it’ll drive like a car and not some fragile non-accelerating hunk of crap…well, that’s how I hope it drives.  Fingers are crossed that they fixed what they needed to fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment