Thursday, January 5, 2017

A New Trick

So, I'm trying to shake the old dog attitude I frequently adopt on many issues.  In this short post, I wanted you all (both of you who read this) to know that, in addition to these weekly updates of my mostly mundane life, I will be soon be able to be heard over the interwebs.  It's not necessarily a podcast, but it will be weekly and, I believe, able to be heard through iTunes, both live and as a download.  Details are few and far between and still evolving, but I've asked (and been accepted) to be part of the Newton Theatre's live "radio" broadcast. 

For those who don't know, Newton NJ is home to a small performing arts theater that plays host to various genres of acts: music, comedy, movies, etc.  To help advertise upcoming events the theater has decided to embark in a live-streaming radio service which will offer local news, weather, event dates and interviews with artists making their way to northwestern New Jersey.  Yours truly will help by hosting a show on Wednesdays, from 5pm-7pm. 

What's the format?  My intent is to present deep tracks from well known artists, and some lesser known ones while, at the same time, help publicize the upcoming performances at the theater...some of them I'm huge fans of.  For instance, Jim Brewer (whom I've met in a local Star Bucks) will be performing there.  Also, just announced, Rusted Root will bring their world music to downtown Newton as will David Grisman, world renown mandolinist who used to perform with Jerry Garcia...yes, that Jerry. 

All in all, and this post is little more than a tease; the station at the Newton Theatre...or the Newt (i.e. Newt Radio) will go live sometime in the next week.  I'll be sure to alert one and all via the FaceBook as to how and when to listen.  Until then, start brushing up on your Frank Zappa and Phil Lesh so that you're not terribly surprised the first show.

Oh, and feel free to "like" Newt Radio here on FaceBook to be up to speed on our launch.  Wish me/us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment