Friday, July 28, 2017

Just a meme before I go

Next week, unless something spectacular happens, I'll be taking a week off from blogging.  I know this isn't necessarily earth-shattering news, but I've been religiously blogging weekly since September 2013.  If you've been following since then, you know a couple of things: I'm obsessive about my coffee, I believe in common sense gun control, I'm in love with our National Parks and photographing them, music is the best, and I'm not a fan of the bombastic, loud-mouthed stylings of the NJ's governor.

It's that last point that I'll quickly touch upon.  If you're following NJ politics, even remotely, you'll know that our Governor was slated to be the resident 'loud-mouth' of the Republican candidates for President before Agent Orange tossed his hate into the ring (not a typo).  Trump took Christie's rhetoric to epically insane proportion, and out Christie'd Christie.  The result: a bitter (mentally) deflated governor who immediately took it out on a populace that hates him.  Currently, he enjoys a 15% approval rating, according to Politico, and "doesn't care."

“You guys care much more about that stuff than I do. I’ve said to you over and over and over again: Poll numbers matter when you’re running for something. When you’re not running for something, they don’t matter a bit. And I don’t care.”


Fine.  

What does he care about?  His kids, and he's claiming that they are terribly hurt by the criticisms that have erupted by his insistence of using a State beach when he closed them off to everyone else during the government's early July shut-down.  According to NJ.Com, he is quoted as saying: "They [the kids] came to me and said, 'It's our fault [the criticism], we should have just told you that we would have just told all of our friends to go away.' And I said to them, no, this was my decision. You're not the adult. I am."


Can't someone please think of the children???

I call bullshit.  It's much easier to say "I'm not offended at all by the criticism, but my kids..." than it is to take ownership of a really bad execution of a worse idea.  Governor, have you never been to the beach before?  Did you not realize that advertisers/people/photographers can charter a plane?  Are you so stupid and unaware that telephoto lenses exist?

And, so, with that, here is a small collection of my favorite Christie Beach Memes.  Is it fair to keep making fun of the Love Gov?  Yes.  His political career is defined by his bombastic loud speaking style where he not only talks over constituents with opposing views, but engages in name-calling and taunting rhetoric.  He's been dishing it out to the State's citizens since day one in office, it's time for him to grow a thick skin, stop throwing his kids under the bus, and take it, like an adult.


Dude, you're gonna need a bigger boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment