Friday, April 13, 2018

Going where the climate suits my clothes

This is an un-post.  I'm not really blogging but to say I'll have more to write about next week after I've returned from a long weekend in the Big Easy.  That said, I leave you with this audio track because the louder I listen to it the more I am mentally prepared for a weekend steeped in music and food.  Oh god, the food.  I was told to wear/bring only sweatpants...and leave the belt at home, so as to not be depressed that I need to go one hole bigger.


For those who are curious, please follow along on www.wwoz.org which is New Orleans' public radio and will showcase some of the talent who will be performing at the 2018 New Orleans French Quarter Music Festival.  Just saying those words makes my mouth water.  The anticipated highlight of the trip includes seeing a show performed by none other than Kermit Ruffins and his Bar-B-Que Swingers.  Look them up.  Rumor has it that, before the show, Kermit himself tows the giant BBQ grill behind his truck, parks it at the venue, and serves up cajun BBQ sandwiches to those with cash. 

I plan to have cash.



No comments:

Post a Comment