Friday, August 12, 2016

The Wheel


I've said it in other posts, but as we age, more and more people I know are dealt a raw hand that is completely out of their control.  If you have a minute, keep in your thoughts today my cousin who really deserves to have a baby.  Keep in your minds my friend who has a rare form of inoperable cancer...and while it's shrinking with standard therapies, it's still a long road ahead.  Think about my friend who recently had to put their family dog down.   

For most of you, this isn't a big ask.  I believe that I typically surround myself with good people.  This doesn't mean we don't spoil ourselves once in a while with a purchase or two...a pair of shoes...a new bag...or both (P.S.  I love shoes and bags).  It just means that when shit hits the fan we come together and help prop each other up, not because we have to...but because we want to.  Do me a favor, when learning about these life challenges, resist the urge to say "Please let me know if there's anything I can do..."  It rings hollow.  If you think something will help someone, just do it.  Trust me, it will be appreciated.

As my friends and family descended on the Stirling Hotel last Sunday to listen to This Old Engine play the Dead, it reminded me how lucky I am to have all of them in my life.  We're a fucking cool group of people, friends and family alike.  Shit's about to get really noisy with the election coming on full steam.  I just hope that you can cut through the hype and just be yourselves helping make this place a bit more comfortable for all of us.

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,
You can't let go and you can't hold on,
You can't go back and you can't stand still,
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

Won't you try just a little bit harder,
Couldn't you try just a little bit more?


No comments:

Post a Comment