Friday, January 26, 2018

Home remedy

This week was difficult for a number of reasons I've already expressed in direct FaceBook posts.  Without going into great detail, I will tell you that I've been able to weather the storm through my usual outlets: family, friends and music.

The well wishing that came out in the past 24 hours has been encouraging.  And, thank you for that.  Also, our family has been super supportive and understanding.  Not everyone's is.  And I bought my wife and I two things: tickets to see Keller Williams in Jersey City with friends (more friends) and then a trip for two to the New Orleans French Quarter Festival where I will most certainly gain exactly 13 pounds in mind-numbing oyster and remoulade binges whilst listening to NOLA's best local musicians.  I may "Kemit and BBQ" as well.  Zydeco and shrimp/alligator cheesecake?  What's better than that?

Star Wars is a great teacher of balance and counter balance...the constant tug of power between good and evil, happiness and sadness, etc.  We know that, without ruining "The Last Jedi" for the two people who haven't seen it yet (get to a theater you lazy bastards), the Force must be kept in balance.  Anakin slaughtered prospective Jedis in the prequels, and Luke's/Kylo's fate in the latest installment once again evened everything out.  So, with those life lessons first mentioned in the science-fiction best-seller The Bible, I think that my family and I are overdue for something spectacular.  Why?  It's been a rough couple of months.  Now, if I could only get Rey to learn how to play the accordion.  Oh, wait, food, star wars, accordion???  I guess I've got that too.




No comments:

Post a Comment