Thursday, October 1, 2015

Upsetting

I was all ready to write some smarmy, overreaction to my almost getting sprayed by a skunk this morning while walking my dog, but then I read the following headline:

Oregon Community College Shooting Leaves at Least 7 Dead

Needless to say, I am no longer interested.

I've posted about gun violence before.  I've made pleas to celebrate/mourn the victims, leaving the assailant/terrorist out of the equation so as to not lift that person to martyrdom. 

Today, I'm going to ask that you use the time you typically use to read my drivel and think of the victims and their families, none of which deserved this headline or this reality.  In the coming days, when more information is known, focus on the people who this was done to.  Keep them in your thoughts, and do something good that you don't typically do in their honor.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment