Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Stats

Very quickly, I've cleared 8,000 views, and I think that's a fairly significant milestone.  I wanted to share four statistics that are linked with those views, some of them obvious, and some a bit more surprising.  In an effort to keep your attention through this entire post, I'll go from boring to interesting so, if you can't wait to see what I find interesting you can skip to the end.  Granted, if you weren't interested in things I found interesting, I never would have made it up and over 8k views...but I digress.

Fact 1 - Most of the traffic that comes to this blog is from FaceBook.  This is a no brainer.  Long before Trump was trying to popularize "bigly," I've been using "bloggies" to alert my now 769 acquaintances who associate with me on the FB.  Granted, if you average it out, I get about 58 reads a week.  Considering that works out to  7.5% of potential FaceBook peeps, I'm certainly not as captivating as 8,000 total reads sounds.

Fact 2 - When they took my mom's dog, that's when I got the most readers.  Of those 8081 views, 527 or 6.5% of the total views were because people shared that story.  And, share they did.  However, it's interesting.  Rounding out the top 5 posts are my stories about bad neighbors, a follow up to the dog story and two posts I made about losing people to cancer.  (p.s. #fuckcancer).  Either I'm super depressing or you folks love to watch a train-wreck.

Fact 3 - Most people read my blog using their desktop/laptop in Chrome.  That's 31%.  Following that closely are people who read it on their iPhone or iPad (28%) followed by Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer/Edge and Android.  What was interesting to me was that less than 1% were using a browser named SILK which is only available on the Kindle Fire.  I'm guessing that's a single person so here's a shout-out to you, you Kindle user...keep on Firing.  Oh, and those Chrome users are largely using Windows OS vs. OSx (32% vs. 16% respectively).

Fact 4 -  Finally, while my readership is overwhelmingly in the US of A (89%), here are some other countries' inhabitants who have perused the blog:


France
253
Russia
138
Germany
77
Malaysia
52
Ireland
35
China
26
Canada
21
United Kingdom
14
Ukraine
14





I think I understand how Germany, Ireland, Canada and UK fit.  What's boggling is the hits I get from Russia, China and the Ukraine.  Please, if you're there...send me a note so I feel less paranoid about a communist plot!  (Communism is just a red herring!)  Anyway, now that you're all asleep, I promise to write something depressing next week because I know you all love it.  Honestly, if I just copy and paste this entry, that might be depressing enough...or the fact that I still actively play Pokemon Go...without my kids...sometimes at lunch at work...most lunches at work.

Now I'm depressing myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment